Lighthouse (originally known as “Lighthouse Baptist Church”) was founded in 1978 by Al Henson to reach the Antioch community with the good news of Jesus Christ. After meeting in an apartment for over a year, the newly formed community purchased farmland on Blue Hole Road and began to build the existing campus.
Highlights in our history include:
- Founding of Lighthouse Christian School in 1979 to disciple children and youth
- Ministry to Laotian refugees, which eventually led to the founding of a Lao church and Thai mission station in Thailand, consisting of churches, a Christian school, orphanage, and Bible college
- Merger with Hope Christian Fellowship in 2009
- Local church with an over 20-year history of ministry in Nashville
- New lead pastor, John Yancey
- Sending of 3 Lighthouse families and one single person to a country in West Asia as the first Lighthouse church-based mission team